CD Review: U2 - Wide Awake In America
CD Information and Notes:
- Wide Awake in America includes live recordings and out-takes from the "Unforgettable Fire" tour and album, 1984-85.
- U2 is Bono (vocals); Dave "The Edge" Evans (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Adam Clayton (bass); Larry Mullen, Jr. (drums).
- Wide Awake in America was put together as a follow-up to the phenomenally successful The Unforgettable Fire, and captures two of that album's finest cuts as recorded live. While the studio version of "Bad" displayed U2's trademark whisper-to-a-scream structure, the slow burn is extended even further in the live arena. "A Sort Of Homecoming" is given the same over-the-top dramatic treatment. Throughout, Bono soars, evoking a drama of near-biblical proportions atop the studied, controlled intricacies of the Edge's effect-laden soundscapes.
- As a bonus, the EP includes two previously unreleased tracks from The Unforgettable Fire sessions ("Three Sunrises" and the rootsier "Love Comes Tumbling"), breathing new life into what was already a classic rock album.
Prices and where to buy it online:
You can buy U2 Wide Awake In America at Amazon.com
U2 Wide Awake In America Song List:
- Bad (Live)
- A Sort Of Homecoming (Live)
- Three Sunrises
- Love Comes Tumbling
U2 Wide Awake In America Pictures and Wallpapers:
CD Critic Quotes and Reviews:
- Release Date: 07/01/1991
- Original Release Date: 1985
- Label : Island Records (USA)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Runtime: 20m : 48s
- Studio/Live: Mixed
- Mono/Stereo: Stereo
- Producer: Tony Visconti, U2, Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois
- Engineer: Kevin Killen, Ron St. Germain, Paul Thomas